Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent based in Huntersville, NC
Atom Power engineers are developing the next generation of technologies that are modernizing power distribution and circuit protection. We are disrupting an industry by changing how power is controlled in your home, office, data center, and factory floor. We welcome you to join us as we together create innovative solutions and the products others said could not be done.
We are looking to expand our team with a Buyer Planner who will be responsible for Atom Power’s demand and supply management. We are seeking a candidate who has at least 5 years experience as a Buyer Planner, preferably in electronics manufacturing. Primary responsibilities will be to manage all aspects of the Material Resource Planning system including demand planning purchase orders, inventory, capacity planning and order dating. This is an individual contributor position that will require in-depth knowledge of MRP systems and how to utilize to maximize customer satisfaction while minimizing inventory and related costs. Atom Power conducts background checks on all potential employees. All background checks are conducted by a third-party service provider and comply with all applicable federal and state laws.
- Load and maintain MRP data required to accurately implement the demand plan and respond to customer requests
- Complete daily replenishment activities to support raw material requirements at multiple locations.
- Monitor inventory levels to achieve targeted inventory days on hand.
- Set and manage planning parameters (contract pricing, safety stock, lead times, forecasts, order quantities MOQs)
- Generate purchase orders, obtain approvals, issue and confirm delivery dates from Supplier
- Ensure all materials are available for forecasted and/or confirmed customer order fulfillment according to facility needs.
- Responsible for timely planning of raw materials including forecast communications to suppliers (MRP, Min/max, VMI, Special Order)
- Effective supplier/customer communications to ensure proper inventory levels, on time shipments and deliveries of products
- Work closely with Operations to develop and execute material sourcing strategies
- Drive total cost of ownership through agreements, supplier relationship management on issues and inventory requirements, and active dialog with operations to identify opportunities and risks
- Manage transition and timing of product offering changes (engineering changes, new product launches, product line obsolescence, vendor changes)
- Communicate with production facilities regularly to insure material availability.
- Maintain delivery confirmations and acknowledgements to ensure timely deliveries, resolving pricing or date issues with supplier
- Receive material shipment, update inventory and confirm invoices
- Inventory Accuracy – Utilize stock out reports and other tools to identify inventory discrepancies that will impact supply requirements.
- Responsible for procurement process disciples impacting inventory accuracy, including management of open order file, open RTV request and supplier pricing.
- Ensure the accuracy of lead time and sourcing tables, supplier contact lists and pricing tables
- Run inventory count reports to review adjustments and request recounts as needed; identify BOM issues.
- Work closely with Manufacturing to maintain the appropriate levels of inventory.
- Issue, track and expedite non-production purchase orders as needed to support Engineering and Operations teams
- Responsible for Vendor RMA based on discrepancy and non-conformities
- Partner with Engineering to review Bill of Material preparation for loading into MRP System
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, other related fields preferred
- 5+ years of purchasing and/or supply chain management
- Experience using MRP systems
- Extensive knowledge of the manufacturing environment and strong process knowledge and persistence to drive change management initiatives.
- Understanding of and experience managing to reduce total cost of ownership.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with key business partners and work across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work efficiently as part of a team as well as independently
- Ability to engage, develop and lead work groups including both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to analyze data to determine actions and be effective in problem solving.
- Previous experience of process improvements utilizing Lean Manufacturing/Kaizen techniques
- Knowledge of laws, ordinances, and regulators pertaining to corporate purchasing practices
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with advanced competency in Google Sheets.
- Outstanding organizational/planning and interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
ATOM Power provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status, veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical conditions, genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.