Job Title: Power Module Engineer
Reports To: CTO
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Location: Based in Huntersville, NC
Atom Power is digitizing power technologies to enable smart communication between electrical sources and end use equipment which is essential to our country’s clean energy transition. We are growing fast and need help in procuring the best talent in the electrical and electronic manufacturing industry specific to electrical vehicle charging and residential energy automation.
We are looking to expand our team with a Power Module Engineer who will be responsible for the development and production of power semiconductor modules. Primary responsibilities will include design, development, documentation, integration, and testing. This is an individual contributor position that will require in-depth technical knowledge and cross-pollination of multiple engineering principles.
- Design, develop and qualify SiC power modules for use in Solid State Circuit Breakers (SSCB)
- Responsible for the full life cycle of power modules, including design, fabrication, qualification, supplier management, component datasheet, and parameter validation
- Establish power semiconductor roadmap and deliver on goals driving performance, cost and reliability
- Work with external labs and product safety organizations to assure compliance with relevant standards
- Develop and execute product qualification and reliability plans
- Build and test prototype systems
- Work with contract manufacturers to establish a manufacturing process that delivers on performance and reliability goals
- Support manufacturing process with test plans, on-sight troubleshooting, and build verification
- Work closely with Atom Power engineering team to assure power modules meet product requirements and assist in end-product testing
- Work closely with leading R&D centers at university and industry to stay current with the latest
- Degree in electrical engineering or solid-state physics
- + 5 years experience in power module design
- Strong knowledge of SiC, and GaN MOSFET technologies
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing power semiconductor reliability plans
- Experience with design, development, and qualification of power semiconductors
- Functional knowledge of datasheet parameters and device characterization
- Advanced degree in electrical engineering
- Experience in modeling and simulation of power modules
- FMEA experience, both system, and component level evaluations
- Strong knowledge of semiconductor failure modes, ability to define weak points in various semiconductor technologies with the goal of establishing robust qualification and reliability process
- Demonstrated proficiency developing power module packaging
- Experience leading contract manufacturing partners in the development of power semiconductors
- Experience designing high reliability products for high volume applications
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
ATOM Power provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status, veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical conditions, genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.