Full-Time, Exempt, Based in Huntersville, NC
Atom Power is digitizing power technologies to enable smart communication between electrical sources and end use equipment which is essential to our country’s clean energy transition. We are looking to expand our team with an inside sales engineer. Reporting to the VP, Sales, the inside sales engineer will be responsible for support the sales team and selling efforts with various responsibilities.
- Review project technical (hardware and software) and functional requirements (use cases, site capacity planning, etc.). Prepare quotations and proposals.
- Assist the sales team, contractors/installers/resellers, and internal team members with customer opportunity & inquiry triage.
- In coordination and collaboration with the product management team, oversee the product benchmarking process.
- Utilize CRM as required to supporting opportunity documentation and tracking (pipeline management).
- Support, as required, the team(‘s) implementation and integration of new front end business systems.
- Develop and deliver presentations to customers and other external parties
- Develop and deliver presentations to internal functions within the company for educational and information purposes as well as for training purposes.
- Support the addition and integration of new employees into the business development organization through formal and informal training
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the NEC, in particular sections pertaining to EV charging, energy management, panelboards, and circuit breakers.
- Develop and maintain knowledge on competitive product (hardware, software, etc.).
- Relentlessly customer focused
- Comfortable reading technical documents such as the NEC, electrical drawings, etc.
- Organized, detail oriented and analytical
- Results oriented with a strong drive
- Collaborative and team player
- Uncompromising on integrity
- Five years experience required, ten years experience preferred
- B.S. required, technical field preferred
This position requires up to 10% travel.
ATOM Power provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status, veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical conditions, genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.