Job Title: Senior Compliance Engineer
Reports To: VP of Engineering
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Location: Based in Huntersville, NC
Atom Power engineers are developing the next generation of technologies that are modernizing power distribution and circuit protection. We are disrupting an industry by changing how power is controlled in your home, office, data center and factory floor. We are looking for engineers who embody the innovative spirit needed to create the products others said could not be done.
We are seeking a Senior Compliance Engineer to join our skilled cross functional team. If you are a confident leader, highly motivated and constantly learning then you are who we are looking for. This is your opportunity to develop and apply new technologies supporting excellence in production testing.
- Define product requirements necessary to achieve safety and regulatory compliance in all regions our products are intended to be sold
- Lead the global product safety and EMC compliance activity in coordination with the NPI team
- Develops, reviews and organizes relevant test plans and test reports working closely with each organizations engineering leaders to assure completeness of plans
- Coordinates the overall compliance activity for each development program. This includes defining project scope, cost, schedule, coordination and securing labs and communicating plan to organization
- Serve as the primary contact for all compliance communications with standard bodies, product safety organizations and labs
- Review and maintain compliance documentation for released products, reviewing all ECNs to ensure on-going compliance
- Support all follow up services as required
- Perform internal audits to assure compliant processes and compliant manufactured products
- Represent Atom Power on standard and technical committees
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong project management capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects across the organization
- Fluent with UL, cUL, NEC, IEC, CSA, NFPA, and Global CB Scheme
- Ability to teach engineering and leadership on standards, impact of new requirements and proper positioning of products in the market
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering field or equivalent
- At least 10 years of product development compliance certification experience
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
ATOM Power provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status, veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical conditions, genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.