Job Title: Commodity Manager - Mechanical
Department: Supply Chain
Reports To: VP of Supply Chain
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Location: Based in Huntersville, NC
Atom Power is digitizing power technologies to enable smart communication between electrical sources and end use equipment which is essential to our country’s clean energy transition. We are growing fast and need help in procuring the best talent in the electrical and electronic manufacturing industry specific to electrical vehicle charging and residential energy automation. In this key role you will be responsible for [Insert job overview].
- Develops a strategic plan for a commodity and supply base
- Collaborates with cross functional teams to executes Supply Chain strategies
- Responsible for relationships with multiple strategic suppliers
- Determine where additional sources need to be identified and qualified.
- Evaluates and selects supplier alignment based on price competitiveness, capability, quality, reliability (TCO)
- Resolve quality issues with suppliers
- Work with Suppliers, Manufacturing and Engineering to drive ongoing quality improvement
- Negotiates and executes long term agreements with supply base that aligns with commodity strategy and internal stakeholders needs
- Leads sourcing process from RFQ to contract signature
- Ability to clearly communicate to different levels of leadership
- Lead change management or work transfer projects for cost savings or better alignment with supply base.
- Analyzes data and information to determine competitive prices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Google related software.
- Experience with Mechanical components
- Experience in Supply Chain
- Strong Analytical skill (Excel, MRP etc)
- Technical or manufacturing aptitude
- Experience with negotiations
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, logistics, or business administration or related field, and at least 5 years of experience in supply chain.
- Advanced degree in supply chain management, logistics, or business administration or related field, and at least 3 years of experience in supply chain.
- Must be willing and able to travel 15% of the time
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
ATOM Power provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status, veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical conditions, genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.