Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent based in Huntersville, NC
Atom Power is leading the transformation of power distribution, protection, and control towards a safer, intelligent system. It is an exciting time at Atom Power. We welcome you to join us as we together create innovative solutions and enable the Power of Digital.
We are looking to expand our team with a Firmware QA Engineer who will be working to qualify Atom Power Software systems. We are seeking a candidate who has at least 5 years of experience testing software and leading the development of automated test platforms. Primary responsibilities will include design, development, documentation, integration, and testing. This is an individual contributor position that will require in-depth technical knowledge and cross-pollination of multiple engineering principles.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases for unit, integration, acceptance and regression testing for firmware and application software
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Identify, record and track bugs using tools
- Develop and execute product qualification plans
- Writing of test scripts, test plans and automating test processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (CS), Electrical Engineering (EE), Computer Engineering (CE), or equivalent
- + 5 years of relevant experience testing software, using automated testing techniques with a strong focus on quality throughout the entire software development cycle
- Knowledge of embedded software and firmware.
- Ability to create automated testing and implement scripting languages to support test automation
- Knowledge of Software Testing Life Cycle ( STLC)
- Experience working in an Agile development process and a sound understanding of the role QA plays
- Demonstrated ability to track bugs and set severity levels to assure proper priority is established for software team
- Experience in developing and debugging all aspects of firmware including an understanding of how it relates to hardware performance
- Experience with automated test fixtures and bed of nails testers
- Familiar with RESTful APIs, Python, C
- Familiar with communication protocols including RS-232, RS-485, CAN, Ethernet, I2C, SPI, USB, UART, etc
- Advanced degree in Computer Science (CS), Electrical Engineering (EE), Computer Engineering (CE), or equivalent
- Experience establishing automated test environments for embedded systems
- Experience with tools such as Ceedling, Cunit, Unity, Cmock, Google test for unit testing framework and Postman, SoapUI for UI testing
- Experience with common testing frameworks such as Selenium, Robot Framework, Sahi, etc
- Knowledge of single and three-phase power systems and power distribution, electrical machinery and power electronics
- Experience with security testing
- Experience qualifying firmware for safety-critical applications in a regulated industry
ATOM Power provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status, veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical conditions, genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.