Full-Time, Permanent based in Charlotte, NC
Atom Power engineers are developing products using next generation technologies that modernize power distribution and circuit protection. We are disrupting an industry by changing how power is controlled in your home, office, data center and factory floor. We are looking for engineers who embody the innovative spirit needed to create the products others said could not be done.
We are currently seeking a Senior Firmware Engineer to join our skilled cross functional team, who will design, implement, test and maintain firmware for existing and new Atom Power embedded products. If you are a confident engineer, highly motivated and constantly learning then you are who we are looking for. This is your opportunity to develop and apply new technologies to a real greenfield project that touches every level of the IoT stack.
- Responsible for firmware design, development, verification, and maintenance for Atom Power embedded products.
- Develop robust, structured, testable, and maintainable code using C.
- Create and maintain design and test documentation
- Collaborate with electronic engineers to design as per end product compliance, including part selection and firmware requirements compliance.
- Bring-up, debug, verify and validate new designs.
- Contribute to firmware development process improvement by researching new tools and techniques, implementing best practices for coding, documentation and the process in general.
- Automate unit, integration, and hardware-in-the-loop testing.
- Mentor team members and guide all development and test efforts as a key engineer in the firmware department.
- BS in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- 8 years of experience developing, testing, and documenting embedded software in an agile/scrum product development environment.
- Experience with bare-metal and RTOS-based firmware development.
- Expert knowledge of C, communication protocols such as SPI, I2C, CAN, Ethernet
- Strong fundamentals including common algorithms, design patterns and data structures.
- Experience developing and automating development test processes at unit, integration, and system levels.
- Experience with common wired, wireless and mesh communication technologies.
- Experience with lab equipment such as oscilloscopes and logic analyzers, and other debugging tools.
- Knowledge of single and three phase power systems.
- Experience designing firmware for safety critical regulated products.
- Experience developing secure IoT products.
- Experience with agile projects.
- Experience with modern source control systems.
ATOM Power provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status, veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical conditions, genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.