Job Description - Senior Software Engineer
Atom Power is growing! We are focused on getting the first commercially viable solid state circuit breaker to market and leveraging our technologies to disrupt power distribution as we know it.
We are looking to expand our team with a Senior Software Engineer who will be working on various aspects of application software and backend systems for our Solid State Circuit Breaker (SSCB) products. We are seeking a candidate who has at least 5 years of software development experience. Primary responsibilities will include design, development, documentation, integration and testing. This is an individual contributor position that will require in depth technical knowledge.
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent based in Charlotte, NC
- Develop software solutions in an agile environment to meet our product roadmap.
- Design and deliver stable feature additions to improve user experience and enable new functionality.
- Build and test prototype and proof-of-concept features.
- Work with hardware and firmware development teams to implement new features and complete unit, system and integration testing.
- Participate in the design and estimation of new products and features.
- Stay on top of the latest trends and develop expertise in emerging frameworks and technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field. Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, etc.
- 5+ Years of hands on software development experience.
- 3+ Years of front-end web development experience in one of leading frameworks (Angular, React, Vue).
- 2+ Years of backend API development experience.
- Familiar with relational (SQL) and non-relational (document, key-value, column, graph) databases.
- Comfortable developing and debugging Linux applications.
- Experience working with end-to-end CI/CD pipelines.
- Knowledge of QA processes and test-driven development.
- Understanding of agile development processes and practices.
- Strong software engineering fundamentals (OO Design, Common Patterns, Data Structures, etc).
- Invested in learning and expanding technical expertise.
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment.
- Knowledge of computer networking such as LAN/ WAN, routers, switches, ports and sockets.
- Experience with Angular 2+.
- Experience with the Go and Python programming languages.
- Cloud development experience in Azure, AWS, or GCP.
- Experience with embedded applications on Linux.
- Familiar with communication protocols including RS-232, RS-485, CAN, Ethernet, etc.
ATOM Power provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status, veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical conditions, genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.