Job Title: Production Test Engineer
Reports To: VP of Engineering
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Location: Based in Huntersville, NC
Job Description: Atom Power engineers are developing the next generation of technologies that are modernizing power distribution and circuit protection. We are disrupting an industry by changing how power is controlled in your home, office, data center and factory floor. We are looking for engineers who embody the innovative spirit needed to create the products others said could not be done.
We are seeking a Production Test Engineer to join our skilled cross functional team. If you are a confident leader, highly motivated and constantly learning then you are who we are looking for. This is your opportunity to develop and apply new technologies supporting excellence in production testing.
- Design and develop production test equipment that incorporates both hardware and software elements
- Interface with equipment providers to develop components and subsystems required for in house production test systems
- Work with equipment providers to develop ICT and board functional testers and support integration of systems at CM’s
- Work as part of the NPI team to assure test coverage, data collection and automation are integral to the development process
- Identify and define new test processes for internal and contract manufacturing focused on reducing operating costs, improving quality and maximizing data collection
- Establish, define and sustain test control plans
- Research and monitor evolving technology, test instrumentation and applicable standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong project management capabilities
- Basic ability to perform data analysis and prepare and report performance metrics
- Working knowledge of test equipment such as oscilloscopes, voltmeters, current meters
- Previous experience in a high volume manufacturing environment
- Extensive PC and software programming experience utilizing high level environments such as LabVIEW and Visual Studio.NET
- Preferred experience with Python
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering field or equivalent
- At least five years developing production test systems, preferably for industrial equipment with digital content
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
- Accountability – Ability to define the plan of action and deliver results aligned to those goals
- Commitment – Assure goals are met in the environment of fast growth and change associated with leading a market transformation
- Tech-Savvy – Understanding of new technology and solutions that can be established into our core products and processes
ATOM Power provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status, veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical conditions, genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.