Full-Time, Exempt, Permanent based in Charlotte, NC
Atom Power engineers are developing the next generation of technologies that are modernizing power distribution and circuit protection. We are disrupting an industry by changing how power is controlled in your home, office, data center and factory floor. We are looking for engineers who embody the innovative spirit needed to create the products others said could not be done.
Atom Power’s Engineering organization is seeking a Technical Project Lead to join our skilled cross functional team. If you are a confident leader who is constantly learning and attacks opportunities head-on then you are who we are looking for.
This is your opportunity to apply your experience as you lead Atom Power forward.
- Serve as a technical project lead for our residential circuit breaker, assuming responsibility for project execution to cost, schedule, and performance commitments
- Serve as the senior technical lead on the project, leading a team of cross-functional engineers to understand product requirements and deliver a verified solution
- Champion project success through engineering diligence, cross-functional collaboration, and stakeholder transparency throughout the New Product Introduction stage gate process
- Actively manage issues and risks to keep the project on plan
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related field
- + 10 years experience developing innovative electro-mechanical products
- Demonstrated ability to drive project execution with accountability for cost, schedule, and performance
- Experience leading and mentoring an engineering team, either through direct management or as a technical leader
- Strong technical aptitude, with breadth and depth, in electronics, power systems, software, communications, and product development
- An ability to clearly communicate project direction, tracking, and critical path along with product technical attributes and tradeoffs
- Experience developing products for high volume production
- Expertise with new product development and associated stage-gate processes with demonstrated ability to take a product from concept to production
- A “can-do” attitude with a willingness to dive into technical details and work through challenges with the team
- Advanced degree in Engineering
- Project management experience as a technical leader
- Experience designing products in safety critical applications
- Power systems and/or circuit protection experience
- Connected and/or IoT product development experience
- UL experience / process knowledge
ATOM Power provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status, veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical conditions, genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.