Job Title: Electrical and Electronics Technician - Miniature Circuit Breaker
Reports To: Engineering Management
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Location: Based in Huntersville, NC
Job Summary: Atom Power is digitizing power technologies to enable smart communication between electrical sources and end use equipment which is essential to our country’s clean energy transition. We are growing fast and need help in procuring the best talent in the electrical and electronic manufacturing industry specific to electrical vehicle charging and residential energy automation. In this key role you will be responsible for installing and running tests, debugging and troubleshooting circuit boards, building and testing products. This is a highly hands-on , on the floor job that will require dexterity, good presence of mind, critical thinking skills, and demonstrated independent work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up and run various product electrical qualification tests and document the results
- Install, run and maintain electrical test systems and equipment
- Build, assemble, and test prototype, engineering pilot, and qualification pilot designs in collaboration with Atom Engineering
- Debug and troubleshoot circuit boards and electromechanical assemblies
- Rework boards as needed which require advanced soldering skills
- Perform failure analysis on products and document results
- Assist with circuit board bring up and design verification
- Collaborate with the engineering team in test procedures
- Train other technicians and apprentices
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Advanced soldering skills (fine pitch, down to 0402 components)
- Advanced circuit board reworking skills
- Ability to set up and execute test plans including:
- short circuit
- analog verification
- Ability to troubleshoot analog and digital circuits down to the component level.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Proficient in electronic principles and design
- Ability to read PCB schematics and electrical wiring diagrams
- Proficiency with EE instrumentation such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, and network analyzers
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Google related software
- Experience with 480V power systems and circuit protection devices (preferred)
- Knowledge of safety standards and compliance testing (preferred)
- Knowledge of ESD principles and best practices (preferred)
- Familiar with hardware in the loop testing (preferred)
- Experience with automation tools such as Labview, MATLAB, or Python (preferred)
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree in Electrical or Electronics
- Bachelor's degree in Electronics Engineering Technology or equivalent (preferred)
- IPC J-STD-001 certification (preferred)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee is frequently required to talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
ATOM Power provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status, veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical conditions, genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.